Worth Mentioning: A Daily Dose of Spurgeon
Periodically, in a series called "Worth Mentioning," I will explain my purpose in permanently placing certain links on this blog. The first entry of this series highlights A Daily Dose of Spurgeon.
Known by many as the "Prince of Preachers," Charles Haddon Spurgeon was a Baptist preacher during the nineteenth century. I like Spurgeon's writings because of the poetry of his words and the images he creates. The website provides a daily devotional from Morning by Morning, Evening by Evening, and Faith's Checkbook. The entries are short enough to provide a boost anytime I need it during the day.
It seems that many times when I read the passage of scripture and the exposition that follows, the Spirit stirs my heart to action, calls me to live beyond myself and my capabilities, and encourages me to live for Him alone who is worthy to receive all glory.

No comments:
Post a Comment