Tank Nearing the Big "E"
A couple of weeks ago I read somewhere that the best time to purchase gas is Thursday morning before 10 a.m. Apparently, gas stations change their prices every day around 10 a.m. and they especially increase the cost of gas on Thursdays in preparation for the weekend.
I was not sure if I believed the report, so I decided to put it to a test. Every morning on my way to class, I pass by three gas stations within a 1/4 of a mile of each other. On Wednesday evening, the price of gas at each of these was somewhere between $2.62 and $2.64. On Thursday morning at 8:30, the price was the same. However at noon on Thursday, the price at each of these had increased to somewhere between $2.77 and $2.79.
Maybe this was a coincidence. After all, the price of oil increased on Thursday, but the price was not settled at 10 a.m. I cannot guarantee that this is something to bank on when buying gas. I can tell you though, that you ought to at least look at the prices of gas at these times and see for yourself. Who knows, it may save you a couple of bucks.

No comments:
Post a Comment