Blog Action Day?
Becoming "green" and conserving the environment seems to have received a lot more hype in the last few months and Al Gore has certainly consumed his fair share of the attention--an Emmy, Oscar, and now the Nobel Peace Prize?!
You might have noticed that several blogs (over 14,000 blogs) posted discussions concerning the environment today. The purpose of "blog action day" was to bring awareness to the concerns facing our world's environment. I would like to see a "blog action day" focusing on potentially more serious issues.
While I love nature and the outdoors, I read an article in the WSJ last week that made a very good point. (I have searched diligently, but I cannot find a link to the article). The whole premise was that while conserving the environment is important, there are several things that deserve a far greater amount of attention because of the potential for harm they could have on humanity. In reality, it appears our focus should shift.
If you are looking for a balanced, somewhat unbiased view concerning the analysis on global warming, the environment, and Al Gore's data, then I have been told you should read, "Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist's Guide to Global Warming" by Bjorn Lomborg.

1 comment:
Well, I guess inventing the internet really helped Gore's claim to the prize. However, I did hear that they are having a recount.
Post a Comment