PLEASE VISIT jbradhickman.com FOR THE NEWLY REDESIGNED SITE

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Race for 2008: Why I Will Vote No Matter What

A friend of mine sent me this article today. As I interpreted it, the basis of the article is that Land thinks that if confronted with Giuliani and Clinton as our two options for president come November 2008, then Christians should vote for every race but President.

My response:
I have not decided who I would vote for. But I do know I will vote -- even though I would be voting for the lesser of two evils. At that point, either candidate will win (unless a miracle occurs and we have a
really, strong independent candidate). By then, I can't do anything about who
my options are, but I can choose who doesn't get there. Sure Giuliani is
bad, but I think Hillary is worse, because I lose out on 100% of the
things I support as opposed to 20% (albeit big). I think the best thing to do is pray that God would give us the right candidate. Land's fear makes the primaries all the more necessary for high voter turnout. That is where the action is.



The primaries are still far off, so a lot of things will change. Due to this, I need to read Hugh Hewitt's A Mormon in the White House. Who will I vote for? That remains in the air. The only thing I do know is that I will vote.





powered by performancing firefox

1 comment:

Colin said...

I agree with you Brad. As educated, informed citizens we should not view our vote as a right but a responsibility. Avoiding the inevitable does not change it. I cannot think of any quicker path to defeat than forfeit.