PLEASE VISIT jbradhickman.com FOR THE NEWLY REDESIGNED SITE

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Are You Satisfied With Your Airline?

I read an interesting article in the WSJ today about making complaints about airlines to the Department of Transportation. The article illustrated reasons why customers might be more likely to receive a response from the airline if they contact the DOT. If you have recently suffered an offense by an airline, then it might be worth checking out the article.

The more intriguing aspect of the article however, was the ranking of airlines by the rate of consumer complaints.




I must confess that Southwest Airlines is my airline. They may not do everything well, and they may not fly everywhere, but they take care of me. When SWA had quickly helped my wife (fiancee at the time) get on a flight last spring (I booked it with 20 minutes until departure and moved her from airport to another) so that she could get home, I wrote them a letter expressing my appreciation. A few weeks later, I received a personal letter detailing the situation and commending the customer service rep that helped us. They also sent us a wedding gift along with the letter. A few months later when my wife and I got on the Southwest plane for our honeymoon, they had a bottle of champagne waiting for us as a gift. I thought it was from family or friends, but none of them had anything to do with the gift; it was from Southwest.

Southwest had already impressed me before these events, but their exceptional service created a stronger impression and loyalty.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: