Super Tuesday Morphed into Super Week
On the onset, let me apologize for the political nature of my posts this week. The political process is one of my interests, so if it is not particularly one of yours, hang with me a little while longer and I will return to my more random-topic approach.
Several thoughts have crossed my mind this week as I have spoken with people, read major news sources, listened to talk radio, and observed the candidates themselves. To repeat all of those thoughts here would end up becoming a random and confusing stream of consciousness. Instead I will mention one quote I found especially insightful, and one pervading thought throughout the week.
Quote from Newsweek : "It's no accident that the GOP race is down to three men who are clear about who they are: McCain, Huckabee, and, yes, Ron Paul." See the full article here.
Pervading Thought : There is still a lot of time in this primary left. Even though it seems that McCain has clinched the nomination and the race is over, it is not. If there is one thing I have learned from watching football, it is that there is a reason you play every second of all four quarters. So it is in the game of politics.
I mentioned several months ago that I have spoken with several people that said, "I really like Huckabee, I agree with him, and I like his character; but, I just do not think he can win so I am going to vote for [McCain, Thompson, Romney, etc.]." I noted that if those people would chose to support the candidate they believe most qualified, and not jump on the bandwagon of who they think will win, then their candidate just might win.
Voting according to your convictions is especially important at this stage of the game. Voting according to your convictions serves a couple of purposes:
- It allows you to maintain integrity
- It sends a message to the winner and observers
- It provides your candidate with a voice

2 comments:
Good post Brad. This election more than ever, we should be able to vote for our horse. The race has been pretty open. I'm personally heartbroken that Romney is suspending (withdrawing). I thought he was an excellent candidate...perhaps he was just too conservative for today's America.
i probably should have commented more on the political portion of your blog, but we are in the middle of season 3 of LOST and are beyond obsessed. it's so. ridiculously. good.
Post a Comment