PLEASE VISIT jbradhickman.com FOR THE NEWLY REDESIGNED SITE

Monday, February 18, 2008

Lost


The writer's strike has had a bizarre impact on Heidi and I -- it has affected me more than I thought it would.  As part of the strike, we have been watching different shows online.  However, this post is not about feeling "lost" from the lack of shows on tv or the numerous amount of shows online.  This post is about one of the more remarkable television shows I have had the pleasure of viewing.


Lost is rare.  I am only half-way through the 1st season, but it has more than exceeded its hype.  It is literally like watching literature.  The show grips you instantly, holds your attention, and does not let you go.  It is perhaps the only show that spurs me to journal after each episode.  

Part of the allure is the spiritual undertones within the show.  If I were a preacher, I think I could pull a great illustration from each show.  I would provide examples, but I do not want to spoil the show in the event you decide to start watching -- which by the way, I highly recommend.  

Lost reminds me of one of my favorite books -- Robinson Crusoe.  The reason I like the book is because of the self-awareness, growth, and maturation Crusoe attains as he is stranded on the island.  Part of this growth involves an awareness and increasing recognition of God's Sovereignty in his life, and in the world. 
 

1 comment:

Haley said...

I'm glad you guys are hooked on it. Just don't give up during the 2nd season. It's my least favorite.

I started Mom on it! She's getting them from Netflix.