PLEASE VISIT jbradhickman.com FOR THE NEWLY REDESIGNED SITE

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Dallas Mavericks and the WSJ

The NBA is not necessarily all that exciting to me. Although I consider the Dallas Mavericks to be my team, and even though it is fun to go to a game from time-to-time, I do not follow them all that closely. Bottom line: I like Dirk, I respect Avery Johnson as a fine example of living in the world while not being of the world, and I hope the Mavs go onto win the big one this year.

With that foundation, the Mavericks face a season-eliminating game tonight that interests many of friends. If you are waiting around during pre-game and need some stimulating reading try to find a copy of "There's Bad Blood When the Warriors Play the Mavericks," from the Wall Street Journal this morning. It is a great story that puts tonight's faceoff against the Warriors in perspective.


(images from WSJ)

It would be interesting to know the whole story -- I am sure it exists somewhere -- but if the article is accurate, I wonder if this type of behavior is what led Nash to accept the offer with Phoenix (I am still broken-hearted over that by the way.)





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: