Apple
Sorry for the delayed posting -- I had the pleasure of skiing Winter Park last week for my last spring break.
______________
One thing I like about the iPhone are the periodic software updates Apple provides to keep the iPhone operating at an optimal level. Just before spring break, I downloaded the newest update via iTunes and began the installation on my iPhone. For some reason, the update didn't work, sending my iPhone into recovery mode. No big deal -- I thought I could essentially reboot the phone and sync it to a previous backup. Unfortunately this did not work.
Long story short -- I tried the recovery process in 9 different ways, spent an two hours on the phone with three different technicians trying to fix error 1012. Nothing worked. Fortunately I was driving to Denver the next morning and they fixed me up with an appointment at the Apple store there.
I received a new iPhone because no one could fix the problem -- they didn't even know what the error was. The point of this post is not to state my frustration with the iPhone. These kind of things are going to happen. The point is to convey how impressed I was with Apple's customer service. They were prompt, helpful, and very pro-active.

No comments:
Post a Comment