Law School : Kind of like Frisbee -- Your Catch is Only as Good as Your Next Throw
Yesterday, I filled in 94 bubbles on a scantron to end three years of law school. I am finished. Tomorrow I will graduate, take a couple of days off, and begin preparing for the Bar Exam. I kind of feel like I did when I played football in high school. Friday night was exciting after a win and you knew you had the next two days to celebrate. However, you knew that on Monday, it was time to get ready for the next team.
I think the same concept applies to throwing a frisbee. You might make an incredible under-the-legs catch, but if you botch the next throw, then the consecutive catch-throw tally is once again shy of the record. In other words, I think all of life brings a big accomplishment. You have a little time to celebrate, but it is soon time to move onto the next challenge.
Before I get there, I am going to celebrate. Part of this celebration entails reflecting on things I learned (or things I already knew but were reinforced) in my three years of law school.
> Confidence is important -- One of my professors told us, "Even if you don't know the answer, act like you know the answer." He went on to say that if we were in front of a judge, it would not be good for your client if you said, "I guess the answer is..." or "I don't know." His point was not that we should feign knowing, but that we should have confidence.

1 comment:
i like that frisbee quote. i definitely agree. congratulations on finishing school. i can't believe i have a friend that is a dr. can you give medical advice?
Hope to talk to you soon!
Post a Comment